You’ll get to experience Android 13 for the first time on your Nothing Phone 1
The Nothing Phone 1 is getting a fresh update that includes a number of camera and system enhancements. But first, here’s what the brand has to say about the Android 13 release on the Nothing Phone 1 before we go into detail about all the optimizations the new Nothing OS 1.1.4 offers:
While we are working around the clock, we won’t rush on updates at the expense of user experience. This also applies to Nothing OS based on Android 13, of which we aim to ship a beta version by the end of the year, with a full release in early 2023.
The good news is that those of you who own a Nothing Phone 1 will be able to experience Android 13 before the year comes to an end. That suggests that Nothing’s previously announced plans to deploy Android 13 in the first half of 2023 are still on pace.
Returning to the most recent update, the September security patch is now being applied to the Nothing Phone 1. Additionally, night mode photos, selfie portraits, and images captured with the ultrawide camera should all show improvements. Read the changelog:
- New option to add a Nothing-themed watermark to the camera app.
- Improved ultrawide camera colour calibration and increased color consistency between main and ultrawide sensors.
- New motion detection algorithm added for improved stability when shooting moving objects.
- Increased shooting speed when using HDR in ultrawide mode.
- Night mode shots are true-to-life with increased color accuracy.
- Sharper, more naturally bright portraits shot on the front camera.
- New features
- New option to flip the 3-button navigation bar.
- Now supports LHDC high-definition audio.
- System improvements
- Updated to September Security Patch.
- Reduced battery consumption for Always On Display and other use cases.
- Improved thermal performance.
- New UI for system updates.
- Improved Face Unlock algorithm.
- Additional general bug fixes.