Plants vs. Zombies 2 received a major update, new mapping system and a turbo button
If you keep some unused keys, the game will award you with some coins for them
Plants vs. Zombies 2 is one of the most popular mobile games for both iOS and Android and only for less than two months, the tower defence application has reached 50,000,000 installs. PopCap Games worked really hard to bring the sequel to its fans and now it’s giving a major update with upgraded maps, turbo mode, a brand new world and gigantic zombies.
Here’s the official changelog:
- There’s loads of cool stuff in our latest update! We have a new map, fun new features and we introduce a new foe!
- We’ve upgraded the map to make game progression quicker and easier.
- It’s simpler to know how much you’ve done, where you’re going, and what loot you’ll get along the way.
- You can invite your friends and send ‘em gifts.
- Use the Turbo button to speed up your planting – and speed up the zombies.
- Be warned: when we were upgrading the map, somebody let in the Gargantuars.
We must clarify that by upgraded map; they actually mean a complete replacement of the old one. The gates from the original maps as well as the keys are gone as the new maps are linear and accessible without keys or paying money. The good part is if you keep some unused keys, the game will award you with some coins for them. There is also good news regarding the control access via stars- now you can move straight to the next world as long as you’ve completed your stages. However, the upgrade is a two-edged sword, so there are also not so pleasant news. In fact, in order to implement the new map system, some of the stages within the gate parts went to other maps, which means, you might need to go through all these maps again so you could unlock once again what has been previously unlocked.
In terms of the turbo button, that we mentioned earlier, it’s a great feature that speeds up your planting time. The side effect is that this will also give a speed boost the zombies.
Now go to the Play Store and fight some zombies.