NVIDIA Shield brings boosts to remote PC play to up to 1080p with the December update
The December update has already been released and offers enhancements to the October updates
Great news for NVIDIA Shield gaming gear owners. Previously, NVIDIA introduced shielders to the Console Mode by giving support to 1080p output of Android games as well as a 720p with 60fps streaming of PC games via a wireless Bluetooth controller. This month NVIDIA offers another update with a boost to remote PC-play up to 1080p resolution and new control methods.
The December update has already been released and offers enhancements to the October updates, including some tweaks in terms of the resolution. The OTA is already heading to your Shields and it enables 1080p resolution with 60fps when being in Gamestream console mode over Ethernet. And that’s not all. It also improves the 720p resolution with 60fps performance over Wi-Fi connection. The Wi-Fi performance has been radically improved, which means the video should be more stable as well. In terms of the full-screen mode, the new update adds an auto-hide option for the status bar and it will be only summoned when needed.
Other tweaks suggest that Shield owners will be able navigate via the gyroscope rather than with the analogue thumb sticks. Furthermore, they’ll have a brand new accelerated cursor option that will allow them to use the joystick as a mouse controller.
In addition, users will be able to browse, share and rate profiles as the community profiles are being rolled out in beta channel.
And last, but not the least, as we mentioned Gamestream, there’s also been added a support for the newest and most popular titles. This includes Batman: Arkham Origins, Assassin’s Creed IV:Black Flag, Call of Duty: Ghosts and Battlefield 4.
Here’s the official changelog:
- Stream from your PC at up to 1080p @ 60 FPS in Console Mode when using Ethernet (via micro USB Ethernet adapter).
- Improved PC streaming quality at 720p @ 60 FPS and Wi-Fi performance.
Gamepad Mapper improvements:
- New community profiles BETA feature – ability to share, browse, and rate gamepad mapping profiles.
- Ability to map gyro simulation to analog thumbsticks with new “motion sensor” feature.
- Improved right thumbstick features for first person perspective games that use touch swipes to look around.
- New “accelerated cursor” option for joystick mouse mode.
Full-screen mode updates:
- Option to auto-hide status bar.
- View status bar with a swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Enable option from Settings > Display.