Multi-window upgrade for US Cellular’s SGN II
US Cellular has released an update to Android 4.1.1 for Samsung’s Galaxy Note II. The best thing about it that this has brought the multi-window functionality to the tablet, along with a number of other changes, such as some bug fixes, and a Search feature fix within the My Files application.
The update is provided over-the-air, so check Settings >> About Device >> Software update.
Here is what’s to be seen in the change log:
- Split screen functionality (Multi-Window)
- The following U.S. Cellular pre-loads: City ID – v. 1.25.1; Daily Perks – v. 4.5.14; Your Navigator Deluxe – v 188.8.131.5241069; Tone Room Deluxe – v. 2.0.31; Gameloft Portal – v. 2.1.1; Mobi TV – 184.108.40.206-216355; Amazon Apps – v. 2.6.53; Amazon Audible – v. 1.3.9; Amazon IMDB – v. 2.7.0; Amazon MP3 – v. 2.7.0; Amazon Shopping – v. 2.0.2; Amazon Zappos – v. 2.0.2; Amazon Kindle – v. 220.127.116.11; Let’s Golf 3 – 1.0.2; Slacker Radio 3.2.1062; Galaxy Note II and Wi-Fi Now – 4.4.67.
However, beware of the following:
- When taking pictures using “BURST” mode sometimes when you go to gallery pictures would not be displayed they would be black images
- Devices would occasionally toggle between 3G and 1X which is not customer impacting but could generate calls
- Could not search image files by “Search” option in My Files application
- UI changes
- In drop down menu “Sync” was replaced with “Multi-Window” option
- Sound icon (4th position) color was changed from Gray to Green