Accident with HTC One X burst into flames reported in Taiwan
Lately we it seems like we hear more and more incidents with modern smartphones that have exploded or burst into flames while charging. The most tragic story had a fatal ending after a Chinese flight attendant died, injured by electric shock caused of her iPhone device. The smartphone has been connected in the power system, still charging when the woman attempted to make a call and the tragic accident happened.
The other recent stories luckily do not have fatal ending, however they are scary enough to draw more attention on this topic. Some of the reported cases lately describe the story of a man in Hong Kong whose Samsung Galaxy S4 burst into flames and cause a fire in his house leading to significant damage of his property. Thankfully, he was not hurt. Another accident has been reported from Switzerland reporting a young girl who got hurt after her smartphone Samsung Galaxy 3 has exploded.
The companies are putting a lot of efforts to find the reason for the increasing number of incidents involving the newest models smartphones released on the market. The reasons for the accidents might be in the third-party chargers and batteries used for the devices. Recently Apple has begun a broad campaign amongst its users for replacing of unauthorized USB chargers with original adapters of the company.
The latest accident involves an HTC One X unit. It has happened in Taitung, Taiwan. Apparently the device spontaneously burst into flames while it has been in the middle of charging. The owner of the burned handset has posted pictures of the damaged device that definitely show how serious the accident could be. Luckily the man is alright and even attempted to get a replacement of the device at the Far Eastern Tone office, the carrier in Taiwan that has sold the HTC One X. It is not certain whether the company will compensate the owner of the completely damaged device. So far he has been charged with $21 for inspection fee. The reason for the fire is still unknown.