Redesigned Nest with Protect and Learning Thermostat rolling out for Android and iOS
With a brand new design and features for Nest Thermostat and compatibility with the Nest Protect smoke detector, Nest app has been updated to version 4.0 bringing the users all the information they want immediately, including weather, the ability to change statuses from home to away without having to put the device into a landscape mode and it also includes dynamic Nest Thermostat and Nest Protect icons. A lot of the other improvements in this new version are related to the Nest Protect smoke and carbon monoxide alarm as calling emergency services or proving first aid and emergency instructions automatically in case of an accident. Of course, you’ll need to have one of those home monitors to have use of the Nest app.
Nest is currently rolling out its updates over the next few days to its iOS and Android apps, as well as to its learning thermostat.
‘The app is getting a full redesign: since you control both Nest Protect and the Nest Learning Thermostat from one place, we updated the mobile app to fit—and work better—for both. You won’t have to turn the phone sideways to set your Thermostat to Away or view settings and things will get a lot more interesting when you connect a Nest Protect.’
Here’s what’s new in Nest 220.127.116.11:
- Redesigned from the ground up including full landscape-portrait modes and beautiful, animated weather
- Nest Protect support and setup
- Results of Nest Protect manual and self-tests
- Messages and push notifications for important events, like Emergency Alarm, and low battery levels
- Directly contact emergency services in the case of a smoke and carbon monoxide event
- ‘What to Do’ instructions during a smoke and carbon monoxide event
- Software updates are automatic, so users don’t have to take any action.