Kantar Data Shows T-Mobile Gets 45 Percent of Nokia Sales in US
Kantar Data on Nokia Sales in US, with T-Mobile as the Strongest US Carrier for Nokia
Kantar data on T-Mobile as the strongest carrier in the US selling Nokia handsets have been announced. Kantar Worldpanel is a leader for consumer knowledge. With Kantar data users learn what people use, what they buy. The company’s report for the last quarter of 2013 deals with information on Nokia sales in the US and abroad. According to Kantar research, 45 percent of Nokia sales in the US were carried out by T-Mobile. The greatest share of these sales is for low end Windows Phone devices. Out of Nokia Lumia sales 68 percent were sales of Lumia 520 and 521. The remainder of 32 percent is for Nokia Lumia 925, 928, 1020, and 1520. The last Kantar data means that the handsets sold can be counted in tens of devices only.
According to the research, most Americans, 39 millions, would consider buying a Nokia. Compared to them, only 9 million Americans would prefer to buy a Nokia. These data for T-Mobile users can be compared to the data for China. Then consumers can see the huge difference. In China Nokia is the most popular choice for users of mobile devices. As many as 57 million users would definitely choose Nokia. The number of users who would consider buying a Nokia is also much higher. It amounts to 123 million users.
Kantar data also show that Windows Phone users are engaged with their devices to the same extent as users of Android devices. The leaders in that aspect are iOS mobile device users. Perhaps that is the result of the targeting of the low-end market. According to Kantar data for the UK, there was a great percentage of new Windows Phone users who switched from feature phones. There were also an increasing number of users who were switching from BlackBerry devices.
Source: WM Power User