How to set up Google Play on the Huawei P50 Pocket
The fact that Huawei is still listed as a US Entity makes doing business with US businesses and vice versa far more challenging, if not impossible. A license would need to be applied for by US corporations, however there is no assurance that they will be successful. This implies that Huawei is essentially shut out of the US market for all practical purposes.
It complicates matters because users of Huawei phones will no longer be able to use Google’s official apps and services, which may be a deal-breaker for certain users. Here is how to enable Google Play on the Huawei P50 Pocket foldable phone if you have already obtained one and believe it would be beneficial.
Be aware that this is an unauthorized approach and that it might cease to function in the future if Huawei or Google decide to make upgrades or changes that prevent the method from operating. Nonetheless, for the time being, it might be worthwhile to try.
How to Install Google Play on the Huawei P50 Pocket Instructions:
- On the P50 Pocket, open the Huawei App Gallery and look for the “GSpace” app.
- Get the app and install it.
- Download the GSpace 1.0.5 APK with Google Play Icon
- Launch the File Manager on your phone
- Go to Huawei P50 Pocket Phone storage > Download
- Tap and hold “GSpace Icon” to select it
- Tap on the four dots icon at the bottom right of the screen
- Tap on Extract To and then tap on OK
- You’ll be asked if you want to overwrite, tap YES, then tap on Gspace Icon, then tap on the first APK file at the top of the list
- Tap Allow, then tap on Install, then tap Open
- Go back to your home screen and launch the GSpace app
- When prompted, tap START
- Tap Allow and then tap Allow again, then tap Continue
- Go back to the file in the File Manager
- Tap on “play_-_gspace shortcut”
- Tap Other
- Tap Shortcut Maker
- Tap Always
- Tap the blue Create Shortcut button and then tap Add and you should now see the Google Play icon on your home screen
- Tap on the Google Play icon, sign in with your Google account
- Follow the instructions on the screen and you’re done, you now have access to the Play Store on your Huawei P50 Pocket
This is an unauthorized approach that might or might not break in the future, as we previously stated. Additionally, you should always make a backup of your device before making this patch so that, in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, you can always restore it. As always, proceed at your own risk.