5 iOS apps to help you take care of your health
You can take a good care of your health everywhere and every time just by using your iOS device. I have found 5 extremely useful apps for your medical care and, of course, they come completely for free so you check them out anytime.
Known as the leading medical resource most used by physicians, medical students, nurses and other healthcare professionals for clinical information, Medscape has a free app that is the most popular download in the medical category. It features daily updated medical news and critical alerts available in 34 specialty areas, a huge database to search from and you can also save articles or share ones.
Its clinical reference features:
- Drugs- Prescribing and safety information for 8,000+ brand and generic drugs, OTC drugs, and herbals, drug interaction checker; ability to save commonly searched drugs to a personalized ‘saved’ list for easy access as well as special features include pill images, detailed drug pricing and lactation guidelines.
- Diseases, Conditions & Procedures- the app features over 4,000 evidence-based articles authored by leading physician experts, supported with images and videos; over 600 step-by-step procedure videos; over 100 tables and protocols and well as the sections include pathophysiology, epidemiology, differential diagnoses, workup, treatment, medication options, and more.
- Medical Calculators: Medscape includes 129 medical formulas, scales, and classifications; over 600 drug monographs with integrated dosing calculators; formulas, detailed notes and references for each result. It also supports US and SI Units.
iPharmacy – Drug Guide & Pill Identifier [download]
Another incredibly useful informative app. This one was created to help you identify your pills, find the lowest price for your Rx, understand your medication treatment, and therefore lower your health bill. The app features a medication guide, a prescription discount card as well as a reminder to track your medication.
- An excellent medical dictionary for both consumers and health professionals
- Save up to 75% on prescription with a FREE discount card
- Built-in 12,000 pill and package images
- Controlled substances which are susceptible to addiction and abuse are labelled by US Department of Justice schedules.
Blood Pressure Monitor – Family Lite [download]
This app is all about setting your iOS device into a personal blood pressure and weight health monitor. It comes with lifetime data visualization, statistics reporting, medication correlation, email import/export, built-in reminders and it features medical correlation, data visualisation, email import and export and more. You can find out how your blood pressure differs depending on which arm you measure:
- Both oral and injection types of medication tracking and correlation
- Left/right arm tracking and correlation for blood pressure measurement
- Body position tracking and correlation for blood pressure measurement
- Meal type tracking and correlation for glucose measurement
Vision Test [download]
As the name of the app suggests, it’s time for you to get your eyes tested. Vision Test will evaluate your eyes in a variety of different ways, all from the comfort of your own home. If it turns out you really do need to go the optician, the app will let you know; and even locate your nearest one.
The app features:
- Visual Acuity Test
- Astigmatism Test
- Duochrome Test
- Colour Test
- Far field vision test
- Optician Finder
- Eye Quiz
- Eye Advice and facts
- iPhone / iPod / iPad support
Best Diet Foods [download]
Let us not forget that the key to perfect health is eating the right food and having the right regime. In most cases, this way we might not even get to use the other apps and simply stay healthy. In that order of thoughts, this app contains the best diet foods such as: Avocados, Blueberries, Flax Seeds, Garlic, Dark Chocolate, Green Tea, Red Wine.
The must-have food and nutrition app for weight loss, beauty and great health features:
- Save your favorite diet foods!
- Share your favorite diet foods via Email
- SMS your favorite diet foods
- Paste your favorite diet foods into Facebook, Twitter, or Safari